medienkraftwerk GmbH is one of the largest German manufacturers of mobile display solutions for exhibitions, events and other promotional activities. The company was founded in 1995. Since then it has grown to a production area of over 900m².
The state-of-the-art machinery consists of Canon and HP printing machines, Zünd cutters and Summa plotters. To ensure competitiveness, high quality and short response times, the print service provider has chosen the OneVision software solution.
- File input via e-mail with download link from the web shop
- Manual reading of e-mail and downloading of individual input files
- Incorrect files are manually corrected by graphics department
- Time-consuming creation of print forms including all product-specific features (e.g. hemstitches, eyelets, nesting)
- Manual transfer of final print and cut files to press and postpress systems
medienkraftwerk impresses its customers with consistently high quality and short response times. Two employees in prepress and about 10 in production work on 10-60 jobs per day with varying numbers of products, depending on the season.
In order to remain competitive and to relieve the skilled workers from repetitive tasks, medienkraftwerk decided to optimize processes with OneVision. The connection of various webshops and the creation of print files using a database reduce the administrative effort in the run-up to production. Further, small-scale activities in prepress are replaced by automated data checks and approval e-mails to customers. In addition, a reduced error rate can already be recorded up to this step.
Efficient nesting across jobs ensures substrate savings and reduces material costs. Thanks to the networking of the various production machines from different manufacturers, production is again significantly accelerated. Thanks to the automation described above in some areas, ordered products can often be shipped on the same day.
With OneVision, medienkraftwerk has ensured that it will continue to serve customer satisfaction in terms of quality standards and the fastest possible delivery times in the future.
Daniel Jamann, Graphics Department medienkraftwerk
“Thanks to OneVision, we have been able to reduce our material consumption and speed up our response times. The software has proven to be indispensable for optimizing our production.”
- Flexibility through modular software structure
- More capacity for new business opportunities
- Simplified handling of production processes
- Integration into existing systems
Really fast and efficient, read more about our nesting software.
Better connectivity of the software for a complete ent-to-end print integration.
More about connectivity/integration