The paramaters in the print industry have changed:
The volumes in the print industry have levelled out and we’ve been doing steady over the best 10 years.
With the print-runs getting shorter and shorter that means that the number of jobs are increasing in order to achieve the same overall volume.
1) With printing and finishing machines getting quicker and quicker, the bottleneck occurs in pre-press. With the increasing number of jobs and the decreasing quality of incoming files people working in pre-press are constantly under pressure. Bringing additional staff in or managing peaks with temps is an expensive undertaking.
2) Especially since the wages are rising.
3) The number of print business has been declining. Competition is fierce. Crowding out is happening. Those print businesses that deliver their customers with high-quality print products within few hours while at the same time saving their margins through a high level of automation stay ahead of the competition and increase their profitability.
4) End customers expect low prices for print products and quick delivery times. If jobs need to be to touched manually, the margin is gone.
5) Speed: Shorter production times ensure shorter delivery times. Your customers will have an appreciation for short delivery times.
6) High-speed machines in press and postpress paired with a manual work force in pre-press? Automating print file preparation will maximize the ROI of your equipment! If press doesn’t need to wait for pre-press to get the files print-ready, machine utilization will increase.
7) This at the same time means then: more revenue! Shorter production and turnaround times give print business the chance to get more jobs done. More volume can be built through web2print for example.
8) Decrease cost: Due to rule-based automation and the parameters of each print job, files get prepared automatically – reducing errors, misprinting and reprintings.
9) Excel in customer service: Free up your staff to consult and delight customers in order to increase customer satisfaction and customer loyalty
a. shorten production times /decrease time spent per print job
b. increase job throughput
c. maximize press utilization
d. optimize print file quality
e. and much more